Let’s do something fun and engaging to celebrate small business owners during #nationalsmallbusinessweek (April 29-May 5).
Small business owners like us are the backbone of our economy. So I’d love to hear your stories about the shifts and revelations that have most impacted your small business.
The first time I remember my business significantly changing is when I finally got the courage to share my story. I realized that if telling that story once could help me land amazing clients and more than $7,800 in revenue in a matter of weeks, I could tell it over and over again to exponentially grow my business.
While I knew this intellectually, actually doing it changed the way I thought about — and go about — attracting clients, generating leads and landing new business.
Other moments where I realized my business had changed were when I:
- Started writing myself a regular paycheck
- Took seven weeks off throughout the year, without worrying about getting paid or getting everything done
- Had to pay the IRS (The downside? Taxes. The upside? Profit.)
How about your story: When did you realize your business had changed? Was it the moment?
- Someone paid you for your services?
- You needed to start building a team?
- You made five figures (or six or more) in one month?
I’d love to hear your #smallbusiness victories. Leave a comment and tell me what the moment was and what it meant to you.