Last Modified: 06/01/18
1. Overview of Privacy Practices
This policy applies to information we may collect:
• On this Website.
• In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
• When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
• Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by the Website or any third party; or
• Any third party, including through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
3. Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not: 1) use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website, 2) make any purchases through the Website, 3) use any of the public comment features of this Website or 4) provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information regarding a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect or may collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
• by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, telephone number, or any other information or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline ("personal information");
• regarding your business, your goals, the services you are interested in, and other information you provide.
• that is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
• about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
• Directly from you when you provide it to us, including through requests made on the website (such as scheduling a consultation).
• Automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookie, web beacons, Google analytics and other tracking technologies.
5. Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of requesting a Story Makeover, subscribing to our service, or requesting materials from the website. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
• Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses),
• Your search queries on the Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on public areas of the Website. Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot control the actions of other users of the Website.
6. Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
• Details of your visits to our Website, including, though not limited to traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
• Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, by enabling us to:
• Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
• Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
• Speed up your searches.
• Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
• Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
• Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
Though we do not collect personal information automatically, we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
8. How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
• To present our Website and its contents to you.
• To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us, including sending you our special reports, e-zines, or e-courses.
• To contact you when necessary.
• To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
• To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
• To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
• In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
• For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties' goods and services that may be of interest to you.
9. Email Policy:
We do not send emails to people that do not have a relationship with our company. This relationship can start in the following ways: You: 1) Opted in to one of our email lists either at one of our Websites or one of our partner sites ; 2) Filled out an online survey in return for a gift; 3) Entered a drawing or contest either online or in-person at a live event; 4)Purchased a product; or 5)Contacted the Website.
We will not give or sell your email address. The only exception to this is if we sell our business. In that case, you will be given at least two weeks’ notice so that you can opt out before the sale. You may also unsubscribe from our email list at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of a broadcast email.
10. Data Security
We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information, including the use of SSL technology. We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like in the comments section. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee its security. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
11. Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com.
12. Choices Regarding Your Privacy
You may request further information regarding our privacy practices by contacting us. Furthermore, you may contact us to delete information or learn more about disclosures regarding direct marketing as described in Sections 3 and 11.
You may unsubscribe from our email list at any time by unsubscribing using the link at the bottom. If we ever sell our email business, we will provide you notice so that you can opt out before the sale. Furthermore, you may opt out of some forms of automatic data collection by contacting your service provider or by changing your settings.
13. Contact Information